THE MARY LOU MCNABB ALABAMA MASTER GARDENER OF THE YEAR AWARD
Each local association can nominate a member for this award. An Extension agent may nominate a Master Gardener, if a Master Gardener association is not located in his/her area.
A detailed resumé must be prepared addressing all the points for consideration. This narrative should be typed in 12-point type and should not exceed two pages in length. No photographs or scrapbooks will be accepted. Accomplishments should be pertinent to gardening and should not include personal history or family. The year-by-year volunteer hours should be listed on a separate sheet.
• 100 hours per year are required in volunteer service. Documentation, preferably in the Alabama Master Gardener Volunteer Service Reporting System, is required (failure to report hours will result in an automatic disqualification).
• Current regular membership in the Alabama Master Gardeners Association and a local Master Gardener group (if available).
Areas to be considered:
• Leadership in a local project (multiple projects will enhance nominee’s resumé).
• Attendance at local and state association meetings.
• Service as an officer in local and/or state associations and Advisory Council.
• Presentation of programs to the public about Master Gardeners or on one of the areas covered in training.
• Promotion of the image of the Master Gardener Program.
• Involvement in volunteer service activities that are supportive of the mission and purpose of the Alabama Master Gardener Program.
The Mary Lou McNabb winner will be allowed to choose to attend the International Master Gardeners Conference, an out of state garden themed seminar and/or workshop or an out of state Master Gardener Conference within a 3-year period following selection and will be reimbursed for expenses up to $1,500. All requests must be made in writing and accompanied by receipts. A Lifetime Membership in the Alabama Master Gardeners Association will be awarded to the Mary Lou McNabb recipient.
Award recipients are ineligible to receive this award in the future.
NOMINATIONS MUST BE COMPLETED AND SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY AND USPS, NO LATER THAN JANUARY 31ST OF THE AWARD YEAR TO:
Julie Conrey, 1272 Skywood Dr., Mobile, AL 36693, [email protected].